M Squared Engineering is actively seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, self-directed Civil Engineer related to Civil – Transportation (IL) and Land Development (WI) for a position in our Cedarburg, WI or Chicago, IL office. Our reputation of providing high quality deliverables to our clients has helped us gain the reputation we have today. We have a lot to offer with future growth within our company. M Squared Engineering has established a great record of successfully completing projects for WisDOT /IDOT / Tollway.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work closely with project team outside of M Squared Engineering
- Manage employees, tasks/activities, including transportation design, stormwater management plans and erosion control inspections
- Construction Inspections
- Corridor and site drainage reports
- Design and analyze stormwater management facilities and ponds
- Develop and oversee development of plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E)
- Client management and interaction as necessary to perform work.
Skills & Experience
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience, PE preferred
- Microstation/Autocad proficiency and Geopak/Civil 3D proficiency required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including MS Word and MS Excel
- Various drainage software familiarity and knowledge preferred
The position we offer would grow with the expansion of our office. Our immediate need would be to provide civil/transportation design for Tollway projects.
Open until filled.
Send Resume, Salary Requirements and References to:firstname.lastname@example.org
M Squared Engineering is actively seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, self-directed Land Surveyor for a position at our Cedarburg, Wisconsin office. The ideal candidate would have a desire to support our current staff and help grow our Cedarburg office. This position may eventually lead to managing field staff or a survey department. Our reputation of providing high quality deliverables has increased our need to bring on survey support. We have a lot to offer with future growth with the company. We have established a great record of successfully completing projects within budget and on time.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of field/office survey and mapping tasks
- Proficient use of survey field equipment, such as GPS/GNSS, robotic total station and Microstation/Civil 3D CADD Plattforms
- Assist project managers
- Assist professional and surveyor in preparation of land survey documents
- Ability to use line coding systems
- Review Plans and provide accurate calculations
- Proficient with surveying equipment and software
- Manage field staff as company grows
- Physical requirements include walking over uneven terrain and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Overtime and occasional out-of-town travel is anticipated
- One to Two years of relevant work experience
- Technically sound in the use of survey equipment and software
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record required
- Ability to keep thorough notes and perform necessary survey calculations
- Pursuing Wisconsin Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license or currently a PLS
- Solid written and verbal communication skills