FEMA Flood Services

M Squared Engineering, LLC  (M²) is able to provide a variety of FEMA Flood Services, which includes processing forms such as the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and the Elevation Certificate (EC) (FEMA form 086-0-33). If you need flood insurance, FEMA requires an Elevation Certificate (EC). This is required in order to obtain the lowest floor elevation of a structure in a floodplain. Your insurance premium is dependent on the elevation certificate information. The higher the elevation is above the Base Flood Elevation (BFE) the lower your premium. M² has Certified Floodplain Managers on staff that can evaluate your property and provide the EC needed for your records.


Elevation Certificate Uses:

Elevation Certificate FEMA flood insurance

An elevation certificate is required for flood insurance through FEMA.

  • Provide elevation information necessary to ensure compliance with community floodplain management ordinances.
  • Determine the proper insurance premium rate.
  • Support a request for a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) or Letter of Map Revision based on fill (LOMR-F).

Learn more about Changes to Flood Rates and why an EC is important through this fact sheet from the Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration.

Our FEMA Flood Services Include:

  • Survey and Design Services
  • FEMA/DNR Permitting
  • Foundation Fill Solutions
  • Filling of all FEMA paperwork including online eLOMA, which will give an immediate response from FEMA
  • Letter of map Revision Based on Fill (LOMR-F)
  • Flood Proofing Support
  • As-Built Survey

Furthermore, an EC is required in order to properly rate Post-FIRM buildings, which are buildings constructed after publication of the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM), located in flood insurance Zones A1–A30, AE, AH, A (with BFE), VE, V1–V30, V (with BFE), AR,AR/A, AR/AE, AR/A1–A30, AR/AH, and AR/AO. Finally, M² is able to process:

  • MT-EZ Application Form for Single Residential Lot or Structure Amendments to National Flood Insurance Program Maps
  • MT-1, Application Forms for Conditional and Final Letters of Map Amendment and Letters of Map Revision Based on Fill ((For all LOMA, CLOMA, LOMR-F and CLOMR-F Requests))
  • MT-2, Application Forms for Conditional Letters of Map Revision and Letters of Map Revision (For all LOMR, CLOMR and PMR Requests)

M² has the experience to make your flood insurance requirement more accurate.

Want to talk? Give the M² team a call today at 262-376-4246 to get started on achieving a certificate with us.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email